Girmit (Karnataka Bhel puri)
By: Vinod Kumar of bangalore, IN
Evening Snacks for all age
Filed in Appetizers and Snacks
Serves 6 people
Girmit is famous in Hubli-Dharwad (Karnataka). In Hubli-Dharwad this is mandatory evening snacks. This is easy to prepare hardly takes 15 min to prepare.Children's favorite too.
1. Take a tawa pour oil when it is heated add cummin seeds and jeera.
2. Add onion fry until its smells goes then add tomato,garlic,green chillies close the lid of the tawa.
3. When tomato is half boiled add turmeric powder and tamarind paste.
4. Add Fried Ground nuts.
5. Take 1/4 of water in a glass add 3 tbl spoon roasted gram powder in water and dissolve it.
6. Pour the dissolved water in the tawa and stir it for 2 min.
7. Off the gas and remove the tawa and cool it for 10 min.
8. Take a empty large bowl add 5 spoons of the mixture and add 3 cups of puffed rice mix in well add little roasted fried gram and mix well, garnish with coriander and serve it immediately.
9. Can store this mixture up to 3 days