- Slice the onions fine,and dice the tomatoes.Add 2-tbsp oil in a kadhai and heat on medium flame.
- Add the onions and fry till translucent,avoid burning them
- Add the finely chopped chillis to do this and give it a stir
- As the onions become translucent add the ginger garlic paste and fry till raw smell of the paste goes
- Now add the red chilli powder,turmeric,garam masala,and fry till the spices cook properly
- After making sure that the spices have cooked well add the thecha and give it a good stir on high flame
- Now turn off the heat and allow the mixture too cool till room temp,once cooled grind,add a little water to the mixture to grind it to a smooth paste.
- Now take another kadhai add the remaining oil and heat
- Now add the cardamom pods,bay leaves,cloves,cinnamon sticks and curry leaves and fry,don't burn them
- Once done add the ground paste and cook on medium flame till oil comes out from the paste,let it cook properly.
- Now add the marinated chicken ,stir well and cover with a lid.Let it cook on low flame for about 15 min.
- Open the lid check if the chicken is cooked
- If too dry add required amount of water to make a gravy and heat on high flame till you get the right consistency of gravy you like.
There you are ....a tasty spicy Chicken curry is ready to eat ..Serve with Roti or Naan .Even Plain cooked Basmati Rice will do.