- 2 cups basmati rice- washed and ghee-sauted(with 1 tbsp ghee)
- 1 kg Oranges(9 nos)
- 2 big onions-sliced
- 6 green chillies-slit
- 1 tsp garlic-ginger paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf-crushed
- 2 green cardamom-crushed
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick-crushed
- 5 saffron strands-soaked in warm water
- 2 tsp ghee with 1 tbsp refined oil
- 1 tsp salt
- few mint and coriander leaves(5-6 leaves each)
- 20 raisins and 10 cashew nuts, crushed and ghee-roasted
1.Take 2 1/2 cups thick Orange juice of 6 Oranges.Shredd the rinds of 3 remaining oranges.
2.Pressure-cook ghee-sauted basmati rice with 2 1/2 cups thick orange juice and 1/2 tsp salt upto 1 whistle.Turn off the flame and let the pressure be released.
3.Meanwhile,heat ghee and oil in a kadai,bay leaf,cloves,cardamoms,cinnamon stick,sliced Onions and ginger-garlic paste.Saute till the onions turn golden brown.
4.Add green chillies,mint and coriander leaves,cumin seeds,shredded orange rinds and saute for 2 mins.
5.Add the basmati rice - cooked in Orange juice and mix well.
6.Add 1/2 tsp salt and soaked saffron strands with water and mix well.
7.Serve this Orange Pulav with Stew and raita of ur choice,etc,.