By: Mrs.Soujanya Hariprasad of Santa Clara, US
Filed in Appetizers and Snacks
Serves 4 people
This famous chat was once prepared by Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor. I made a little variation & everyone liked it...enjoy!
1 cup Semolina (rava/sooji)
1 tblsp Maida
1 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
3 boiled Potatoes (diced into pieces)
1/2 cup Boiled Chickpeas (kabuli channa)
1/2 sprouted Moong dal
4-5 Dahi bhallas (mashed)
1/2 cup chopped Onion
1/2 cup boiled fresh Peas
1 cup thick Yogurt (curd)
1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder (jeera)
1/2 tsp Chat Masala
1/2 tsp Black Salt
1/2 cup Tamarind chutney
1/2 cup Green chutney
1/2 cup Sev
1/2 cup chopped Cilantro (coriander leaves)
Salt to taste
Vegetable Oil for frying.
1. Mix Semolina, Maida, 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder & salt with water. Make a stiff dough.
2. Divide the dough into 6 equal parts & roll out into a 5 inches round Poori. Deep fry on Medium heat till they are golden brown & crispy. Allow to cool.
3. Take a Kachori in the serving plate & make a big hole in the center.
4. Add Potato, Onion, Chickpeas, Moong sprouts, lightly mashed Dahi Bhallas, boiled Peas & 2 tblsp Yogurt.
5. Sprinkle roasted Cumin powder, Red chilli powder, Chat masala, Black salt, Tamarind & Green chutney, Sev, Salt & chopped Cilantro on top of it. Serve immediately before they become soggy.