- Take the chicken in a mixing bowl and add yoghurt.
- Add the Ginger and Garlic Paste. ( keep half of this aside for cooking later)
- Add some salt.
- Add the Red Chilli Powder.
- Dissolve the saffron strands in one tablespoon of warm water and add it in the chicken mixture.
- Mix everything together.
- Leave this mixture for 30 minutes in fridge.
- Take a thick bottomed pan and put it on medium heat.
- Now add the Cooking oil.
- Add the Bay Leaves.
- Add the Cloves.
- Now add the Onion ( grounded into a paste) and stir for 4 minutes.
- Add the Garlic and Ginger Paste and brown the onions.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked, close the flame and add the Cashew Nut Paste.
This dish will have very little gravy. You can control the consistency by adding bit more water in the step 9 ( while cooking)
Serve it hot with rice, roti or Naan.