For the chopsuey sauce :
For the noodles :
- Heat 4 tbsp. of oil in pan and add ginger paste, spring onions, carrot, bell peppers, chilli powder and salt.
- Stir fry this over high heat for a minute before adding chicken pieces. Fry another couple of minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, chilli sauce, sugar, vinegar, stock and salt to taste. Bring to a boil.
- In a seperate cup mix corn flour with cold water, mix it well and then combine with the boiling sauce.
- Keep stirring till the sauce becomes thick. Set aside.
- Boil water, add noodles and salt. Cook uncovered for couple of minutes till the noodles are soft and firm but not mushy.
- Drain and wash with cold water. Add a little bit of oil to keep the noodles from sticking.
- Heat plenty of oil in a deep frying pan to frying heat. Add drained noodles in circles.
- Remove on a kitchen towel when crisp and golden, let the oil get absorbed in towel.
To serve the chopsuey, place crispy noodles in a serving bowl (or deep plate). Pour the hot chopsuey sauce over it.