- Heat 1 tbsp Oil in a pan. Add Cumin seeds. As they turn little brown, add chopped Onion, Curry leaves & Green Chillies. Fry until Onion turns light brown. Remove from heat, add 1 tsp Salt, Mint leaves & chopped Coriander leaves. Mix & keep aside.
- Take lukewarm water & add Sugar, Unsalted Butter, remaining Vegetable oil & mix well. Then add Yeast to it. Mix & keep in a warm place for 15 mins till the yeast becomes active.
- In a mixing bowl, add Maida, Wheat flour & remaining Salt. Add the onion mixture, Green Chilli paste & mix well.
- Now add the Yeast mixture to the dry ingredients & mix to a dough. Knead for 8-10 mins until it does not stick to your hands or bowl. Cover with a cloth & keep aside for about 1 hr 45 mins in a warm place.
- Knead the dough for 2-3 mins. Divide into small portions & place them on a greased baking sheet. Cover with a cloth again & let it rest for another 45 mins.
- Brush the top with melted butter or Egg wash. Pre-heat the oven to 500 F or 250 C for 5 mins. Bake the buns for 8-10 mins or until they are brown in colour. Keep checking in between. Cool them & enjoy.
Note: Cut them in the center, apply some butter & jam...enjoy.