Recipe by Mital of Thunder Bay, CA
This recipe is waiting to be reviewed by khanakhazana team and
has not been accepted yet. Accepted recipes are searchable and are featured in the latest recipe section.
If you like this recipe and want it to be published, please vote for it. Highly voted recipes are automatically
- 1 Medium size dudhi (peeled and diced) (Approx 2 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup chana dal
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 medium size Tomato (diced)
- a pinch hing
- salt to taste
- 11/2 tsp cumin-coriander powder
- a pinch turneric powder
- 2-3 green chillies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- a pinch soda-bi- carb
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mastard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup water
- Chopped coriander leaves for Garnish
- Wash and Soak chana dal for 1/2 hour.
- Heat the oil in the pressure cooker and add mustard seeds when they cracle add cumin seeds and hing.
- Add diced tomato, garlic and green chillies and let it cook for 4-5 min. on medium heat. Slightly mash the tomato with the back of the serving spoon. Add termeric , salt, garam masala, cumin-coriander powder and mix.
- Add diced dudhi ,chana dal, a pinch soda-bi carb and 1 cup of water. Mix well and put the lid with whistle.
- Cook for 3-4 whistle and let the pressure cooker cool down for 15-20 min.
- Open the cooker. Slightly mash the dudhi to thicken the greavy. If the gravy is still watery put the cooker back on high heat but do not put the lid.
- After 4-5 min check the consistency if it is thick enough then turn off the gas.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve with chapati/ puri / roti / Bhakhari / Parantha.