- Soak rice 3 to 4 hrs or overnight.
- dissolve the coconut cream in 1 1/2 cups hot water.
- Drain Rice, and grind in the liquidizer with the milk
- Add to the grinded rice mixture, yeast, cardamon & sugar and leave to raise in a warm place.
- When mixture has leavened, place a 25cm round cake dish or pan on a low heat and melt one tblspoon of ghee or butter
- When hot pour half of the leavened mixture into the pan, cover and cook on the lowest heat possible until the mixture thickens and dries (approx 7 to 10min) - remove from heat.
- place the cake tin under a medium grill to cook the top until golden brown.
- allow to cool before easying out of the tin.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
This is a traditional rice cake known in Swahili (official language of Kenya) as "Mkate Mimina" (mkate means bread and mimina means to pour).
I trust you all will enjoy - Bon Apitite