- Puree the Tomatoes in a blender and cut the paneer in triangle pieces.
- In a non stick pan heat the vegetable oil with butter. (If you will heat the butter alone it tends to burn soon).
- Add the bay leaf and cloves.
- When they change little color add ginger garlic paste. Let the garlic cook for two minutes.
- Add Onion paste and sauté till light brown.
- Add salt and chili powder.
- Add tomato puree, tomato ketchup, crushed kasuri methi, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala.
- Now add the cashew paste and fry for two minutes.
- Add a small cup of water and let it cook on medium heat till you get the desired curry consistency.
- Stir and let it simmer for some time with closed lid.
- Add the paneer and simmer for 2-4 minutes on low heat.
- Garnish with fresh cream.
- Serve the Butter Paneer Masala with Naan (Indian flat bread) or zeera / steamed rice.
TIP :- To puree the onions for tadka :- Skin the onions and blanch them in hot water for 3 - 4 mins then puree them to form a paste. It will give good paste rather dry oinions.