- Wash dals and soak in water for 1 hour & drain.
- Put dals, brinjals in pressure cooker with turmeric, cinnamon, cloves, curry patta & salt. Add 2 cup water & pressure cook for 20 min.
- Remove spices & mash dals & vegetables through sieve.
- In another pan heat oil & fry onions in it till golden.
- Drain excess oil leaving 1 tbsp oil in pan.
- Add masala paste and cook for 10 min
- Then add tomato and cook for 5 min.
- Add dal mixture & 1 cup water. Add tamarind to the dal mixture. Cook for 3 more min.
- Garnish it with finely chopped corriander.
- You can eat it with chapati or rice
Note: you can even add boiled rice if desired, cook for 5 min and serve with fried rice.